Brilliantly Easy Burgundy Beef
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). beef chuck roast or beef stew meat, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 package dry onion soup mix (i.e. Lipton's)
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can mushrooms (can use fresh)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) burgundy wine
- Worcestershire sauce, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) heavy cream
- 1/4 sour cream
- cooked noodles, potatoes, or rice
- Mix the beef, the soup mix and the can of soup in a casserole dish, seasoning to taste.
- Cover and bake at 325 degrees (175 C.) for about four hours.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir to blend.
- Cook a few more minutes or until lovely and tender.
- Sprinkle with some chopped parsley if desired before serving.
- Serve with noodles or buttered potatoes or rice.
- So easy and so delicious - simple and reliable yet tastes like a gourmet delight!