- Use as an appetizer course
- mhb from nj
Serves/Makes:8 or more
- 3 medium onions, sliced
- 2 pounds medium or large shrimp, cooked and peeled
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt(optional)
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) dry mustard
- dash tobasco sauce
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) catsup
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) of a light salad oil
- Slice onions and soak in cool water for 1 hour.
- Cook shrimp, clean and allow to cool.
- Drain onions and mix with shrimp.
- In another bowl, combine all of the rest of the ingredients; mix well.
- Pour ingredients over shrimp and onions.
- Marinate in refrigerator for at least 8 hours; better over night.
- Drain and serve in shrimp cocktail glasses over shredded lettuce.
- Pass the remaining marinade as an option in case one wants more sauce.
- Adapted from PASS THE PLATE COOKBOOK.