Lime Powder Sweet Pickles
- Chuck found it on line.
Serves/Makes:About 7 pints
- 3-1/2 pounds cucumbers
- 1 cup (225 ml) lime
- 1 gallon (3.8 ltr) water
- 3-1/4 pounds sugar
- 1 quart (950 ml) white vinegar
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) pickling spice
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) celery seed
- Dissolve lime in water.
- Wash, then slice cucumbers 1/4 inch thick.
- Soak slices in lime water for 24 hours.
- Rinse 3 times and soak in clear water 4 hours.
- Change water every hour.
- Drain well.
- Cook sugar, vinegar and spices until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour over slices and let stand overnight, covered.
- Bring mixture to a boil and cook uncovered until clear, about 45 minutes.
- Pack in sterilized jars and pour liquid, leaving 1/2 inch head room.
- Seal and process in hot water bath for 5 minutes.
- Hope this is what your looking for.