- The perfect creamy sauce - for any occasion and any meal
- 6 large red bell peppers, roasted and peeled
- 1 cup (225 ml) pine nuts, toasted
- 1 cup (225 ml) parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) olive oil
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). chopped garlic
- pinch of sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups (475 ml) heavy cream
- Chop the roasted peppers and add to a processor.
- Add everything but the heavy cream; process or blend until smooth and pureed.
- Transfer to pot and gently heat on low.
- Stir in the heavy cream and season to taste.
- Excellent served with grilled scallops, shrimp or chicken over fettucine. You can add some sliced onions, basil and green peppers - even spice it up a notch - and the result is outstanding and delicious!