California White Chocolate Fudge
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) sugar
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) sour cream
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) margarine
- 12 oz (336 grm). white chocolate, coarsely chopped*
- 1 (7 oz (196 grm).) jar marshmallow cream*
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) dried apricots*
- In a heavy 2-1/2 to 3 quarts (2850 ml) saucepot, bring sugar, margarine, and sour cream to full boil over a medium flame, stirring constantly.
- Continue to boil for 7 minutes or until candy thermometer reaches 234 degrees (100 C.), stirring constantly.
- Remove from stove and stir in white chocolate until melted.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients until well blended.
- Pour in a greased 8 inch or 9 inch square pan.
- Cool for several hours or overnight; cut into squares.
- * I suppose you can substitute maraschino cherries for the dried apricots.
Just make sure to drain the cherries before adding them.
Use only white chocolate squares, such as Bakers or Nestles.
Don't use the white chocolate chips.
To remove the marshmallow cream from the jar, take off lid and seal and
microwave on High for 30 seconds.