- Chilled Orange, Angel Food Cake Dessert
- Original source unknown. Rec'd in early 70's.
- 2 small pkgs. orange jello
- 3 cups (700 ml) boiling water
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) orange juice
- 2-1/2 cups (600 ml) non-dairy whipped topping
- 1 large can mandarin oranges, well drained
- 1 small can mandarin oranges, well drained and reserved
- 1 angel food cake, baked
- 1 (8 oz (224 grm).) container non-dairy whipped topping
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water.
- Add orange juice.
- Chill in refrigerator until partially set.
- Stir in 2-1/2 cups (600 ml) whipped topping until well blended.
- Break cake into small pieces.
- Add cake and drained large can of oranges to jello mixture.
- Pour into 9" X 13" pan and refrigerate until set.
- Top with 8 oz (224 grm). container of whipped topping.
- Use reserved oranges to place one on top of each piece served.
- This is cool, light and very refreshing. A favorite at my house for a long time!
It would be a great dessert for Easter.