Serves/Makes:one 9-inch pie
- 1 cup (225 ml) light corn syrup
- 1 cup (225 ml) brown sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) butter, melted and cooled
- 1 tsp (5 ml). vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) chocolate chips
- 1 9-in. unbaked pie shell
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- In medium bowl combine syrup, sugar, and eggs; mix until blended.
- Add butter and vanilla and mix until blended.
- Stir in pecans and chocolate chips.
- Pour into pie shell and bake for 45 to 50 minutes.
- Cool for 1 hour before serving.
- Serve warm with whipped topping or vanilla ice cream.