- 6 boneless pork chops
- 2 cups (475 ml) apple juice
- 2 large apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) brown sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) cinnamon
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) cornstarch, mixed with cold water
- Soak pork chops in apple juice in refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Remove pork from juice and dry with paper towels.
- Melt butter in hot skillet on high heat; add pork and lower heat to medium.
- When brown on first side, turn and add apple slices cover and cook until pork is brown on second side.
- Add juice, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Simmer on low heat until pork cooked through.
- Thicken with cornstarch and water mixture.
- Can also be made with boneless chicken breast.
I like to add some golden raisins also.