- Tender shredded beef slow cooked in flavorful and spicy sauce
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 3 lbs (1.4 kg). beef cheek (or any beef roast)
- course salt and pepper
- 2 quarts (1900 ml) vegetable oil
- 2 quarts (1900 ml) vinegar
- 6 lemons, juice only
- 6 onions, chopped
- small bottle of Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 bottle of A-1 steak sauce
- 2 14 oz (392 grm). bottles of ketchup
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg). butter melted
- Combine all sauce ingredients except for ketchup and butter to create initial sauce.
- Baste meat with sauce every fifteen minutes until about one hour before serving.
- Season beef with plenty of salt and pepper and allow to sit for one hour prior to cooking.
- After meat has set, place over hot coals and grill or roast in oven for about four hours or until very tender, basting frequently with sauce.
- One hour before serving, add ketchup and butter to remaining sauce mix and continue to baste meat every fifteen minutes until ready to serve.
- Serve with condiments of choice.
- Traditionally done in hot pit over coals with mesquite.