- 2 lbs (.9 kg). small potatoes, halved
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) turmeric
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) cumin
- 2 pinches chili powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml) cumin seeds
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) ghee (or melted butter or oil)
- 1-3/4 cups (425 ml) chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup (225 ml) frozen peas, thawed
- Parboil potatoes in lightly salted water and set aside (almost cooked but not quite).
- Heat ghee or oil in large skillet and saute all the seasonings.
- Add potatoes to skillet and stir to coat with all the spices.
- Add tomatoes and simmer until potatoes are tender - about twenty minutes.
- Stir in peas and cook five minutes longer.
- Serve hot.
- Perfect side-dish for a perfect Indian meal.