Serves/Makes:about 90 cookies
- 1-1/3 c shortening
- 1-2/3 c sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 8 tsp (40 ml) milk
- 3 c flour
- 3 tsp (15 ml) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- additional sugar for tops
- Cream shortening, sugar and vanilla.
- Add eggs, beating until smooth.
- Stir in milk.
- Sift dry ingredients.
- Blend dry ingredients into creamed mixture.
- Drop onto greased cookie sheets by spoon.
- Press lightly with the bottom of a glass dipped in sugar.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes at 375 degrees (200 C.).
- I always moisten the bottom of the glass the first time. This is an extremely easy way to make sugar cookies.