Serves/Makes:6 or more
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) raw shelled peas
- 1/2 cucumber, grated
- 1 zucchini, grated
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) alfalfa sprouts
- soybean oil
- cider vinegar
- salt and pepper
- Parmesan cheese
- Toss all vegetables together in bowl.
- Make a dressing using 2/3 oil and 1/3 vinegar, salt, pepper and Parmesan cheese.
- Mix well and pour over salad.
- Toss again and serve at once.
- A much used recipe from A Plan For All Seasons, a cookbook by the Stanford Junior Women of Pasadena.