Stir-N-Drop Sugar Cookies
- A wonderful soft sugar cookie with a hint of lemon.
Serves/Makes:3 dozen (3 inches in diameter)
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) Wesson oil (vegetable oil)
- 2 tsp (10 ml) vanilla
- 1 tsp (5 ml) grated lemon rind
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) sugar
- 2 cups (475 ml) sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp (10 ml) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- Heat oven to 400 degrees (200 C.).
- Beat eggs with fork until well blended.
- Stir in oil, vanilla and lemon rind.
- Blend together sugar until mixture thickens.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt; add to egg mixture. (Dough will be soft.)
- Drop by tspfuls about 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Stamp each cookie flat with the bottom of a glass dipped in sugar (Lightly oil glass, then dip in sugar. . .continue dipping in sugar).
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove immediately from cookie sheet.
- I have loved this cookie recipe since I was about 10 and a friend's mom made them for our Girl Scout meeting.
The recipe comes from Quicker Ways to Better Eating, The Wesson Oil Cook Book, 1955.