- mhb from nj
Serves/Makes:1 dozen fritters
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt(optional)
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) sugar
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) milk
- 12 oz (336 grm) whole kernel corn; frozen or fresh....thaw frozen corn before using
- hot fat for deep fat frying
- Sift flour with baking powder, salt(if using) and sugar.
- Mix egg, milk and corn together.
- Add flour mixture and beat quickly, but thoroughly.
- Drop batter by tbsp into deep fat which has reached 360 degrees(electric deep fat fryer is good for this).
- Fry a few fritters at a time until golden.
- Remove to paper towels to drain and keep warm till served.
- Adapted from PASS THE PLATE COOKBOOK.....
I do not have a deep fat fryer, so i have used a nonstick skillet with just enough light oil so as the fritters do not stick and are easy to turn to fry the other side.