- 1/2 cup (125 ml) yogurt
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) milk
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) baking soda
- 1 tsp (5 ml) sugar
- 2 T melted butter
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 T dry yeast (Seems to be an excess)
- 3-1/2 cups (825 ml) flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- Butter for the top and garnishes such as poppy or sesame seeds
- Warm the yogurt and combine with milk in a mixer bowl.
- Add soda, sugar, butter, eggs and yeast.
- Add salt and begin adding flour, 3 cups (700 ml) made a perfect dough; you may need the other 1/2 cup (125 ml) flour.
- Knead, turn into an oiled bowl, cover and allow to double, about 1 hour.
- Punch down and divide into 8 parts.
- Roll each into a round or oval.
- Brush with butter and garnish.
- Bake on a stone at 450 degrees (225 C.) for 4 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Alternative: Garnish with cinnamon sugar (3 T sugar to 1 tsp (5 ml) cinnamon)
- Hope this is what your looking for.
Recipe calls for 2 T yeast. I question this. I think it should be
1 pkg which is 2 1/4 tsp.
Hope you have success!!!