Chocolate Chip Cheesecake
- 1 cup (225 ml) chocolate wafer crumbs
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) margarine, melted
- 3 8 oz (224 grm). pkgs. light (Neufchatel) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) flour
- 3 eggs (or 3/4 cup (175 ml) liquid egg substitute)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) light sour cream
- 1 tsp (5 ml). vanilla
- 1 cup (225 ml) mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Combine crumbs and margarine and press into the bottom of 9 inch springform pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 10 minutes.
- Combine cream cheese, sugar and flour, mixing at medium speed until well blended.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Blend in sour cream and vanilla, stir in chocolate chips and pour into crust.
- Bake at 325 degrees (175 C.) for 55 minutes.
- Loosen cake from rim of pan; cool before removing rim of pan.
- Garnish with whipped cream and fresh mint, if desired.
- Adapted to a lower fat version from the Philadelphia Cream Cheese Cookbook, 1988.
We can't tell the difference!