- Simple Indian side dish.
- 1 cup (225 ml) water or chicken broth
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) couscous - "Near East" type
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) cumin
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) curry powder
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) margarine
- Saute onion and tomato in margarine.
- Combine everything else in saucepan (except couscous)
- Bring to boil, then add couscous.
- Remove from heat immediately and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes and onion.
- Our family always serves this with Tandoori Chicken.