- 6 to 7 medium potatoes
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 oz (301 grm).) cream of chicken soup
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) minced onion-fresh
- 1 pint (16 oz (448 grm).) sour cream (can use light)
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) grated very sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) corn flakes with 2 tbsp (30 ml) melted butter
- Boil potatoes in skins on just until fork tender.
- Cool, peel, grate.
- Heat butter with the soup.
- Add onion, sour cream, cheese, salt and pepper.
- Mix with potatoes.
- Put in greased oblong baking dish-- I use a 9 x 13 inch dish.
- Top with corn flakes and butter that are mixed together.
- Refrigerate overnight and bake 1 hour at 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Can be made and baked immediately.
- Can also be frozen without the topping.
- We cannot have a Holiday dinner without this dish. This is a favorite of everyone!!! I like the fact that it can be made ahead.