Tortellini Soup with Sausage
- Hardy, stick to the ribs soup
- 1 lb (.5 kg). Italian sweet sausage
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced (I like making larger pieces)
- 1 zucchini, sliced in larger pieces - about 1 inch thick
- 2 10-3/4 oz (301 grm). cans condensed tomato soup (see note below)
- 3 cups (700 ml) water
- 2 cups (475 ml) cheese tortellini
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) dried basil
- 1/3 tsp (2 ml) dried oregano
- Remove sausage from casing, crumble and cook like ground beef.
- Mix cooked sausage with remaining ingredients in large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, cover and simmer 45-60 minutes.
- You might not need all this time. Keep checking the tortellini, you don t want it to be mushy.
- **This recipe originally called for 1 can of zesty tomato soup and 1 can of reg tom soup. I could not find the zesty so I use the 2 regular and add some Bermuda Hot Pepper Sauce.