- Japanese Food
- Jam Ito
- 2 cups (475 ml) rice (Preferable Short Grain Rice, however long grain will do too)
- 2 cups (475 ml) water
- 3 sq.inch Kombu (Thick Japanese seaweed)
- Vinegar Mixture:
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) vinegar
- 2-1/2 tbsp (35 ml). sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). salt
- Wash the rice couple times.
- Wipe out dirt from Kombu.
- In the electric rice cooker, place rice add water and combu.
- Start cooking.
- Preventing rice from getting stiff, remove Kombu right when the rice boiled.
- When cooked, transferred to mixing bowl.
- Pour vinegar mixure over the rice.
- Mix it thoroughly with vertical cutting movements of the wooden spatula.
- While mixing, cooling down the rice by fan.
- Cover it with wrapper till use.
- Sushi rice goes well with various kinds of topping, i.e. omelet, raw fish, pickle, shrimp etc. Roll the rice and its stuff with Nori (Thin Japanese Seaweed) is another yummy way.