Steak with Whiskey Pepper Sauce
- Chuck's Collection
- 1 tbs (15 ml) butter
- 2 tbs (30 ml) chopped white onion
- 2 cups (475 ml) beef broth
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) cracked black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 2 tbs (30 ml) whiskey
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 tbs (15 ml) cornstarch
- 1 tbs (15 ml) water
- 2 8 oz (224 grm). steaks
- Saute onions in butter over high heat, until they start to brown.
- Add 1 cup (225 ml) beef broth, then pepper and garlic.
- Cook until broth is reduced by half.
- Add whisky, green onion and second cup of broth.
- Let it simmer while preparing the steaks.
- Press 1 tsp (5 ml) of cracked black pepper into each side of steak.
- Melt butter and sear each side of steak for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes.
- Grill steaks on a barbeque, 2 to 3 minutes per side or to your liking.
- Salt very lightly.
- When steaks are done, mix cornstarch and water.
- Remove whiskey sauce from heat and stir in cornstarch.
- Cook until thickened.
- Pour over steak and serve.
- Hope this is what you are looking for, and hope you enjoy!!