- This is a fairly soft cookie.
- Friend from a Christian school
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) margarine
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) flour
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) cornmeal
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking powder
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) raisins
- Mix margarine and sugar together until light.
- Add egg to this mixture and beat well.
- Mix together dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to the margarine mixture.
- Add raisins and mix.
- Drop dough from a tsp onto a greased cookie sheet
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 15 minutes
- I have omitted the raisins and they taste just as good.
I have also replaced the raisins with chocolate chips and they are very good. I love the crunchy cornmeal in the cookies and they aren't dry.