- Chuck's Collection
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter
- 1-1/3 cups (325 ml) sugar
- 3 eggs, seperated
- 3 tbs (45 ml) flour
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) buttermilk
- 1 tbs (15 ml) lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- 1 8 inch unbaked pie shell
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees (175 C.).
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add egg yolks, one at a time.
- Beat in flour and buttermilk.
- Add lemon juice, nutmeg and salt.
- Beat egg whites until stiff.
- Fold into the filling.
- Pour filling into a partially baked 8 inch pie shell.
- Bake until custard is set and slightly brown.
- To partially bake the crust, first chill the crust in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Remove and line with foil
- Place 1 lb (.5 kg) beans or rice in pie crust and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove foil and beans and bake 5 minutes more or until dough no longer seems raw, but has a light crust.
- Now pour in the filling.
- This is the only Buttermilk pie recipe I could find.
Hope it is what your looking for.