- 3 c flour
- 1/2 t salt
- 1 T sugar
- 5 egg yolks
- 1/4 c milk
- 1/8 lb (.1 kg) sweet butter, melted
- 2 yeast cakes (dissolved in 1/4 c warm milk)
- vegetable oil for frying
- Sift the flour and salt into bowl, add yeast mixture, add egg yolks and melted butter slowly to flour mixture.
- Beat with wooden spoon until smooth and dough falls off the spoon, this dough should be rather soft.
- Put dough on lightly floured board.
- Roll to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Cut with round cookie cutter that has been dipped in flour.
- Put in warm place to rise until doubled in size.
- Fry in oil until light brown.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.