- 1/4 cup (60 ml) unsifted flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) pepper
- 6 chicken breasts, boned and skinned
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) margarine or butter
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) lemon juice
- 8 oz (224 grm). fresh mushrooms, sliced
- hot cooked rice
- chopped parsley
- In paper or plastic bag, combine flour, salt and pepper.
- Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in butter on both sides until golden brown.
- Add lemon juice and mushrooms.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer 20 minutes or until tender.
- Serve over cooked rice and garnish with parsley.
- Similar to an Italian chicken piccata but with mushrooms instead of capers.
You could substitute a good olive oil for the butter or margarine for a healthier fat if you like the taste of olive oil.