Baked Sweet Potato with Crisp Toppings
- Stuffed Sweet Potatoes (or use as casserole)
- Vicky Bryant
- 3 large sweet potatoes
- 3 cups (700 ml) cooked mashed sweet potatoes
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) milk
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). salt
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 tsp (5 ml). vanilla extract
- 1 cup (225 ml) light packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) flour
- 1 cup (225 ml) finely chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Bake sweet potatoes until done (fork inserts easily).
- When cool, scoop out flesh leaving skin intact.
- In one bowl, mix sweet potatoes, eggs, sugar, milk, salt; add 1/2 stick butter and vanilla.
- In another bowl add brown sugar, flour, nuts, and 1/2 stick butter.
- Add half of the nut and flour mixture in potato mixture.
- Save half of the nut and flour mixture for topping.
- Take potato mixture and stuff back into skin and top each with equal portion of nut/flour mixture topping, or,
- place sweet potato mixture in baking dish and add topping.
- Bake 350 degrees (175 C.) for 1/2 hour.
- I hope this is close. It's all I could think of that had the same mixture in the potato and used as a crunchy topping.