Victoria Sandwich or Victoria's Secret
- 6 oz (168 grm) butter or margarine
- 6 oz (168 grm) caster sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 6 oz (168 grm) self-rising flour
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) jam
- castor sugar to dredge
- Grease two 8 inch sandwich tins and line the base with grease-proof paper.
- Cream the butter or magarine and sugar until pale & fluffy.
- Add beaten egg a little at a time and mix in well after each addition.
- Fold in half the flour,then add other half.
- Place half the mixture in each tin and level with a knife.
- Bake both cakes on the same shelf of the oven at 375 degrees (200 C.) (Gas mark 5) for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Turn out onto cooling racks.
- Once cool, spread jam and sandwich together.
- Dredge with caster sugar