- Egg noodles with a parmesan cheese sauce
- Alicia Bailey
Serves/Makes:3 or more plentiful servings
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) of margarine
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) flour
- 2 cups (475 ml) milk
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 3 or more dashes pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) of parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces of noodles (I use regular wide egg noodles)
- Put noodles on to boil.
- Melt margarine in a saucepan.
- Stir flour into melted butter. (Be careful, it burns quickly)
- Add salt.
- Add pepper. (Use as much as you like)
- Add milk, and stir until it's not lumpy.
- Add parmesan cheese.
- Heat on medium heat, until it thickens. (About 3-4 minutes)
- Pour over drained noodles.
- This recipe is basically a medium white sauce with parmesan cheese. I think it's better than the Fettucine Alfredo served in restaurants. It costs next to nothing to make, and takes about 10-15 minutes to prepare.