- Chuck's Collection
- 2 slices bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) coarse fresh bread crumbs
- 1-1/2 tbs (20 ml) minced dill pickle
- 3/4 lb (.3 kg) fillet of haddock or cod
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) mayonnaise
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Fry bacon until crisp.
- Add onion and cook, stirring, until soft.
- Transfer onion to a bowl.
- Stir in crumbs, pickle, salt and pepper.
- Place fish in a foil lined baking dish.
- Spread with mayonnaise.
- Cover with crumb mixture, pressing it on gently.
- Bake at 400 degrees (200 C.) for 15 to 20 minutes, until it just flakes.