Jason and Amanda's Butterscotch Delights
- 1 tsp (5 ml) cinnamon
- 2-1/2 cups (600 ml) all purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking soda
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 2 eggs
- a splash of milk
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) vegetable shortening
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) brown sugar
- 1 11 oz (308 grm). bag of butterscotch morsels
- Preheat oven 400 degrees (200 C.).
- Lightly grease cookie sheet.
- Blend eggs, milk, vegatable shortening, vanilla, and brown sugar in large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, blend together cinnamon, flour, soda, and sugar.
- Gradually add dry mixture to egg mixture.
- Add butterscotch morsels and mix by hand, not by machine mixer.
- Drop by tspfuls on cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 12 minutes.
- Let cookies cool on cookie sheet for 1-2 mins before moving them.
- Cooking times may vary in different ovens.