Serves/Makes:6 or more
- 2 eggs, separated (use egg whites for Meringue, yolks for custard)
- 2 cups (475 ml) milk
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). sugar
- Light Pastry
- Chopped Rhubarb
- Make the custard by using the yolks of 2 eggs, milk and sugar.
- Line a deep pudding dish with a light pastry, and cover the bottom with a layer of chopped rhubarb, well rolled in sugar.
- Pour over this the custard and bake in a 325 degree (175 C.) oven until knife inserted just off center comes out clean, about 45 to 50 minutes.
- Make a meringue of the whites of the eggs, spread over the baked custard, brown lightly in a 350 degree (175 C.) oven, and seve hot or cold, as desired.
- This recipe is from 1923.