- A refreshing summer pasta dish.
- Keith Remland
Serves/Makes:6 or so
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) fresh basil, shredded (chiffanade)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 6 or more halves of sundried tomatoes, chopped or slivered
- 5 or more garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 5 or more plum tomatoes, cored and diced
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) freshly grated cheese (parmesan or your choice)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 lb (.5 kg). Farfalle or any curly pasta
- Combine basil, parsley, sundried tomatoes, garlic, plum tomatoes and oil.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- When ready to eat bring, back to room temperature.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Combine mixture with cooked pasta.
- Adjust seasoning.
- Sprinkle with cheese and toss.
- This dish is designed to be served warm or at room temperature. It can be made early in the day and refrigerated until ready to use.