- Delicious chocolate mousse with coffee and cointreou
- Frances Tanzey
- 6 oz (168 grm) plain chocolate
- 1/2 oz (14 grm) butter
- 3 medium/large eggs
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) of cointreou or rum (optional)
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) coffee essence
- single cream
- grated chocolate
- Put the chocolate and butter in a bowl over hot, not boiling, water.
- Melt, stirring constantly.
- When the chocolate is completely melted remove it from the heat and beat in the egg yolks, rum if used, and coffee essence.
- Whisk the egg whites stiffly then fold in with a metal spoon.
- Pour into small 4 cups (950 ml) or glasses and put in fridge for 2 hours or freezer for 1 hour.
- When set, pour cream over and sprinkle with grated chocolate.
- I like having this as pudding after beef as it is very rich.