- A virtually fat-free (and full of fiber) delicious appetizer
- 1 15 oz (420 grm). can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15 oz (420 grm). can fat free refried beans (pinto beans are best)
- 1 cup (225 ml) chunky salsa (mild, medium or hot - your choice)
- 3 or 4 slices of low-fat or fat-free american cheese
- tortilla chips
- Combine all ingredients in a microwave-safe bowl or dish.
- Stir well and heat approximately 5 minutes, until cheese is melted.
- Stir again and serve with tortilla chips.
- You can alter this simple recipe in many ways...add cooked/drained ground beef for more substance or chopped veggies if you wish.