- mhb from nj
Serves/Makes:1 quart more or less
- 2 12 ounce jars of Heinz turkey gravy
- 5 ounces fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) or more of Kitchen Bouquet
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) of dry red wine
- 1 tsp (5 ml) or more poultry seasoning
- enough water for a pleasing gravy consistancy
- Place all ingredients in a heavy saucepan.
- Simmer slowly,covered, stirring once in a while, till mushrooms are tender and the flavors have melded.
- Pour into gravy boat along with any turkey drippings and serve
- This has always turned out very well for me; you may wish to add other things to the simmering gravy mix such as chives or celery powder.