Steamed Blue Crabs (Maryland Style)
- Maryland's Favorite Summertime Steamed Crabs
Serves/Makes:9 or more servings
- 1/2 c Old Bay Seasoning
- 3 c white vinegar
- 3 c beer(or water)
- 3 dozen live Maryland Blue Hardshell Crabs
- Mix Old Bay seasoning, vinegar, and beer (or water) in a very large pot with a rack,and tight-fitting lid.
- Bring to a FULL BOIL.
- In the rack, add one-half of the crabs, and sprinkle more Old Bay seasoning, just enough to cover the shells abit.
- Repeat with the remainder of crabs.
- Steam, covered, until crabs turn a bright red color, about 40-45 minutes.
- Serve hot or cold.
- Note: Serve crabs immediately if to be eaten hot.
- To serve cold. bring to room temperture and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Goes well with:Corn on the Cob
We Marylander's look forward to the Summertime for the Crab
Season to begin.It's the BEST EVER!!!!!!!