- Healthy cake
- Greg Window
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 1 cup (225 ml) grated carrot
- 1 cup (225 ml) sultanas
- 1 cup (225 ml) processed bran cereal
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) milk
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) wholemeal self-rising flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) cinnamon
- Combine carrot, sultanas, bran cereal, sugar and milk in bowl.
- Add flour and cinnamon and mix well.
- Pour into lighty greased loaf tin.
- Bake at 180 degrees (80 C.) for 45 to 55 minutes.
- Cool before removing from tin.
- In place of carrot, try dried apricots (soak in milk for 2 hours before using).
Editors Note: A sultana is a small golden-green grape from Turkey. Though used for making wine, today it is grown primarily for raisins. It is related to the Thompson seedless grape.