- Great use for leftover cooked chicken.
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) sliced green onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter
- 2 or more cooked chicken breasts, shredded
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) chili powder
- 2-1/2 cups (600 ml) chicken broth
- 1 jar picante sauce (16oz)
- 1 cup (225 ml) uncooked rice
- 1 small tin sliced black olives
- 3 cups (700 ml) shredded cheese
- burrito tortillas warmed
- Saute onions and garlic in butter till tender.
- Stir in chicken, chili powder, 1/4 cup (60 ml) broth and 3/4 cup (175 ml) picante sauce.
- Heat through.an boil rice remaining broth and picante
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer 20 minutes till rice is done.
- Sstir into chicken mix.
- Add olives and 2 cups (475 ml) cheese.
- Spoon into tortillas and fold over to make burritos.
- Place in ungreased baking dish.
- Cover with remaining cheese and bake 15 minutes at 375 degrees (200 C.).
- My husband loves these! You can add more chicken if you like. The original
calls for 7 cups of chicken. I like less. Its really up to you. You can make the stuffing ahead of time to save yourself time and serve the next day.