- 1 lb (.5 kg). sausage
- 1 small can evaporated milk
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) sugar
- 3 tbsp (45 ml). oil
- 4 tbsp (60 ml). flour (may need more if too thin)
- 1 tsp (5 ml). salt
- 1 can any kind of biscuits (eight in a can) or make from scratch.
- Bake biscuits according to directions on package, or bake from scratch.
- Fry sausage until done.
- When sausage is done, remove sausage and set aside.
- Add flour, sugar and salt to grease left in pan.
- Cook on medium heat until flour is lightly browned.
- Add milk.
- Add one can (empty milk can) water.
- Cook down until thickened and bubbly.
- Put sausage back in pan and heat thoroughly.
- Pour gravy over cooked biscuits.
- A great recipe that has been in my family for nearly 50 years.