- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) fresh peaches, sliced
- 1 cup (225 ml) fruit juice
- 1 stick + 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter
- 1-3/4 cups (425 ml) sugar
- 1-1/4 cups (300 ml) flour
- 1 cup (225 ml) milk
- Heat peaches, fruit juice, 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter and 3/4 cup (175 ml) sugar, set aside.
- Melt 1 stick butter in saucepan, add 1 cup (225 ml) sugar, flour and milk.
- Mix well.
- Dump into casserole dish.
- Spoon fruit over top.
- Batter will rise through fruit, giving all a delicious flavor.
- Bake at 375 degrees (200 C.) for 30 minutes, or until golden.
- This was my mother-in-laws recipe, very old and very good.