- A spicy marinade from Mozambique to use on a variety of meats.
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) lemon juice
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) olive oil
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) cayenne powder + 1 tbsp (15 ml) paprika.
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml) black pepper
- 1 tsp (5 ml) garlic powder
- Mix above ingredients into a paste.
- For whole chicken: Spread marinade between meat and skin.
- Marinate 30 min and cook as usual.
- For kabobs: Roll kabobs around in paste until well coated.
- Marinate 15 min and cook as usual.
- For shrimp: Peel and de-vein shrimp and baste with marinade.
- Barbecue or grill as usual.
- For milder marinade use less cayenne and more paprika.