Career Girl Peach Cobbler
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter or margarine
- 1 cup (225 ml) flour
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 1 cup (225 ml) milk
- 1 tsp (5 ml). baking powder
- 1 large can peaches (or 2 10 oz (280 grm). to 12 oz (336 grm). cans with juice from only 1 can)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) cinnamon sugar (up to 1/2 cup--you can mix cinnamon & sugar to your taste)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Melt the butter or margarine in a 13x9x2 inch baking pan.
- In a separate bowl mix flour, sugar, baking powder and milk.
- Pour this mixture on top of the melted butter -- DO NOT MIX.
- Gently pour peaches on top of this mixture and, again -- DO NOT MIX.
- Sprinkle cinnamon sugar over top.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 45 minutes.
- Best served with ice cream or whipped cream.
Canned pears may be used instead of peaches.
This was called Career Girl Cobbler because it was quickly thrown together after a "Career Girl" arrived home from work.