Broiled Open-Faced Crabmeat Sandwiches
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) unsalted butter
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg). lump crab meat, picked over
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) fresh lemon juice
- 1 hard-boiled egg, chopped
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) mayonnaise
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Dijon-style mustard
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) cayenne
- 2 English Muffins, halved, buttered lightly, and toasted
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet cook the bell peppers, onion, and garlic in the butter over low heat, stirring until the vegetables are softened.
- Stir in the crabmeat, lemon juice, egg, Worcestershire sauce, mayonnaise, mustard, and cayenne.
- Divide the crabmeat mixture among the muffin halves, mounding it slightly.
- Spinkle the sandwiches with parmesan.
- Broil under a preheated broiler about 4 inches from the heat for 3-4 minutes or until the tops are golden.