Seasoned Vermicelli and Rice
- A Rice-a-Roni Type Recipe.
- Linda Fritz
Serves/Makes:4 (1/2 cup servings)
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) margerine
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped onion
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) instant long-grained rice, uncooked
- 2 oz (56 grm). vermicelli, uncooked and broken into 1-in. pieces
- 1-1/4 cups (300 ml) water
- 1 (4 oz (112 grm).) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1-1/2 chicken-flavored bouillon granules
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) dried thyme
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) freshly ground pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) chopped fresh parsley
- Melt margerine in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, and saute until tender.
- Add rice and vermicelli; saute 3 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Combine water and next 5 ingredients.
- Add to rice mixture, stirring well.
- Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes or until rice and pasta are tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Fluff with fork, and stir in parsley.
- This recipe came from the Jenny Craig cookbook. I made
it and really liked it.