- Virginia Butler
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). lean veal
- 8 lbs (3.6 kg). pork butt
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). pork trimmings (ask butcher for this)
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) salt
- 1/4 of a whiskey jigger of black pepper
- 4 cups (950 ml) cold water
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) minced garlic or more if desired
- Cut all meat into cubes and mix with remaining ingredients.
- Place into plastic bag and refrigerate over night to blend flavors.
- Grind all of the above.
- Assuming you have a sausage stuffer, use natural casings (from the butcher store) and stuff.
- Can be frozen in small packages for further use.
- This is a recipe I make before Christmas. I freeze in two pound packages, wrapped in Chrismas wrapping to give to each of my children and their families.