- Skinner Lasagna box
Serves/Makes:10 to 12 servings
- 1 lb (.5 kg) ground beef
- 3 cups (700 ml) (about 28 oz (784 grm). jar) spaghetti sauce
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) water
- 1-3/4 cups (425 ml) (15 oz (420 grm) container) ricotta or small curd cottage cheese
- 2 cups (475 ml) (8 oz) shredded mozzarella or Monterey jack cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) ground black pepper
- 1 pkg (8 oz) Skinner Lasagna, uncooked
- Heat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- In 3 quarts (2850 ml) sauce pan, brown meat; drain.
- Add spaghetti sauce and water; simmer about 10 minutes.
- In medium bowl, stir together ricotta, one-half mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, eggs, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Pour about 1 cup (225 ml) sauce on bottom of 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- Arrange 3 UNCOOKED pasta pieces lengthwise over sauce; cover with about 1 cup (225 ml) sauce.
- Spread one-half cheese filling over sauce.
- Repeat layers of lasagne, sauce and cheese filling.
- Top with layer of lasagne and remaining sauce; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake 45 minutes.
- Remove foil; bake additional 15 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
- This is super easy. The extra water in the sauce will cook the pasta!!
It only takes about 15 minutes to put it all together. I also add mushrooms and extra tomatoes to the sauce.