Peach & Blueberry Cobbler
- Easy, mix by hand and soo gooood.
- Gourmet Cooking by Earl Peyroux
- 1 c white, unbleached flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml), salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml), baking powder
- 1 c sugar
- 1/2 c melted butter
- 3/4 c milk
- 2 c sliced peaches, frozen, if out of season
- 1 c blueberries, frozen, if out of season
- Blend together the dry ingredients, add milk.
- Using a whisk, mix batter.
- Pour the melted butter into a three-quart pan.
- Tip the pan, coating well up the sides.
- Add batter and mix with a whisk.
- Don't worry if you can't get all of the butter mixed in, it makes the cobbler better to have some butter swirled around the sides and top.
- Reserve some peaches to set around the sides of the pan.
- Mix the rest of the peaches and berries together and pour over the batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 45 minutes or until top is light brown.
- Dorothy Waltemath
Kerrville, TX, after 25 yrs. in New Orleans.