Barbecued Beef Sandwiches on a Bun
- The most incredible barbecue ever!
Serves/Makes:8 or more
- 3 lbs (1.4 kg). chuck roast OR pork roast (or more)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped onion
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml) paprika
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) pepper
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) brown sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) mustard
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup (225 ml) ketchup
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) lemon juice
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) vinegar
- Cook the roast several hours (or pressure cook it for about 45 minutes) until the meat is falling apart.
- Shred it into bite-sized pieces.
- Combine all remaining ingredients in a large pan and stir in the meat.
- Cover and let simmer about 30 minutes.
- Delicious when served on soft rolls with cole slaw!
Note: This can also be used with leftover meat or chicken.