- Mint sauce for Lamb
- Bruce Munch
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) freshly picked mint leaves
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) granulated sugar
- Finely chop mint leaves.
- Mix with vinegar and sugar.
- Place in refrigerator to chill for at least an hour.
- Spoon over lamb slices.
- I love lamb and it has always bothered me when people spread mint jelly over lamb, thereby masking the great taste of the lamb. This recipe enhances the taste of the lamb. The amount of sugar in the recipe may be added to taste but just enough to cut the tart taste of the vinegar.