- Chuck's Collection
Serves/Makes:16 2-inch squares
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) plus 2 tbsp (30 ml). flour
- 6 tbsp (90 ml). unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) flake coconut, toasted and cooled
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup (225 ml) white sugar
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) flour
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) plus 2 tbsp (30 ml). key lime juice
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). grated lime zest
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) coconut, toasted and cooled
- Blend flour, coconut, sugar, salt and butter, using your fingers, until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Pat into a buttered and floured 8x8 pan.
- Bake in the center of a 325 degree (175 C.) oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden.
- Whisk together sugar and eggs, then stir in flour, juice and zest.
- Pour over the crust and bake in the center of the oven for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle custard with coconut and bake 5 to 10 minutes, or until just set
- Cool in the pan and then chill 1 hour.
- Hope this is what you are looking for.
It isn't by Good Housekeeping.
Not sure where I got it.